Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cheesy Potato Bean Salad

I don't have a lot of time to post today, but since this is one of THE easiest meals in the world and SO SO SO quick and filling, I figured I could share it real quick. Seeing how I'm a vegetarian, finding meals with good protein is key. I also like when I can make something really quick and have it hit all the spots- filling, tasty, and fairly healthy. So, here I introduce to you my very own creation that I call.....


Cheesy Potato Bean Salad
Step 1: Prepare a baked potato however you wish (I poke holes in mine and microwave!). Pat in some butter, then melt some cheese (I used Colby jack, but really any cheese will work fine) on top of it.

Step 2: Put fresh lettuce on top of the baked potato. I know, I know, you're like what?! Trust me, it's good.

Step 3: Heat up some beans. I used plain old kidney above, but have used black beans before and think they're equally as tasty. Drain the beans, and put on top of the lettuce. Then sprinkle on these Santa Fe Tortilla Strips. This ingredient is crucial. It really ties all the flavors together.


Step 4: Put on whatever kind of creamy dressing you like. I say creamy because I don't think a balsamic or something too oily would work very well. I like Lighthouse Ranch ~ Homestyle. Something with a southwestern flair would work too, or cottage cheese to make it extra healthy.

That's it! 
Told you it was easy. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment