Monday, August 2, 2010

All things A U G U S T

I will always love the sunny month of August.

August is the month our first son was born.

It's funny how months take on different meanings based on how we spend, or have spent their days....for example, I love the simplicity and romance of September (our wedding date), the mystery of October (in Utah you never know if it's going to be hot of cold), family and festivity of November, and warm and cozy traditions of December. May also holds special meaning to me of tulips and birthdays...but yes, back to more things August.


The little boy (Freddie Highmore) in the movie August Rush is so cute I could cry.


Actress Mariska Hargitay named her August-born son August (this is notable not because she's famous, but because I'd heard of the name Augustus before, but never August!). 


My brother got me the book Running With Scissors by the male writer, Augusten Burroughs (i had never heard of this name before either, but just looked him up on Wikipedia and learned that he changed his name...interesting choice since his birthday is in October).


No comments:

Post a Comment