Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Deserving Mama


There sure has been a lot of buzz recently about Kelle Hampton's new book, bloom. For those of you unfamiliar with Kelle Hampton, you can (and really, really should) check out her blog here. I can't remember how I came across it, but it truly is one of those blogs that catches you right from the get-go. Her writing is inspirational, real, and effortlessly poetic. When I first found it, I wasn't ready for her story to hit me as strongly as it did, but I do deeply admire her contagiously positive and brave outlook on life. As a mom myself, I'm really drawn to other moms who are candid (without complaining), strong, and resourceful. 


A recent post she did, entitled: Joan Of Arc was especially helpful in changing my perspective today. I love how she writes about joy-suckers (we've all met one of those!). This quote has definitely earned a spot in my quote journal: 
"There is reason for everyone to be unhappy. There is reason for everyone to be happy. What's your focus?"

Woah, right? Simply stated, but huge impact. Wishing Kelle much, much success with this book, and any other creative projects she pursues in the future!



1 comment:

  1. I love your productivity in motherhood. Its makes me want to try harder. I have not heard of this book but I am interested.

    ReplyDelete