Thursday, November 10, 2011

Swedish Treasures

Since our move we've made a couple trips out to The Ikea. Here's my latest finds....


I've always loved the idea of an advent calendar. For those of you unfamiliar, it's a countdown of fun surprises until Christmas. Since I collect Santas, I was so happy when I came across this Santa advent calendar with little drawers (making it re-usable each year) to be filled with small presents. I'm excited to start this new tradition with our boys! I also picked up these coordinating cards for all of our Christmas thank-you's.


MULA Toy hammering block, multicolor Length: 9 1/2 " Width: 3 7/8 " Height: 5 1/2 "  Length: 24 cm Width: 10 cm Height: 14 cm  MULA Stack &nest cups Height: 13 3/8 " Base diameter: 3 3/8 "  Height: 34 cm Base diameter: 9 cm  LILLABO Toy vehicle, assorted colors Package quantity: 3 pack  Package quantity: 3 pack
All of these TOYS!
Each of these toys provide such authentic and independent play. Great quality and price, and good for a wide age range....both my 26 mon. and 6 mon. old love them!

OVANLIG Vase, assorted colors Height: 7 ¾ "  Height: 20 cm
K, so I bought this impulsively. It's only 99 cents! After reading this description:  Can be turned over and used as a vase on either end. Stackable; saves space when stored don't you want one too?

RIBBA Picture ledge, black Length: 45 1/4 " Depth: 3 1/2 " Max. load: 16.53 lb  Length: 115 cm Depth: 9 cm Max. load: 7.50 kg
I already showed a picture of these in my recent Welcome Home post, but since I love them so much, wanted to  include them again!


PRUTA Food saver, set of 17, clear, green
I still am in shock over the awesome price of these....17 for only $3.99! I've been using the larger ones to organize toys and the mini ones are so great for kid snacks or refrigerating leftovers.




NYPONROS Duvet cover and pillowcase(s), white/blue Duvet cover length: 86 " Duvet cover width: 86 " Pillowcase length: 20 " Pillowcase width: 30 "  Duvet cover length: 218 cm Duvet cover width: 218 cm Pillowcase length: 51 cm Pillowcase width: 76 cm
Bought this for our eldest son's big boy bed and it is adorable. This picture doesn't do it justice so be sure to check back when I post pics of it in his room. Love the softness of the fabric and preppy feel of the chambray blue pinstripes. Can't pass up the amazing price either at $39.99! They actually have a really good collection of duvet covers for both kids and adults which I've always found very hard to come by.





2 comments:

  1. I think Ikea is one of the most creative and inspiring stores. Everytime I go in there, I leave with a project in mind. I was down there just last week (we are so blessed to have one 10 minutes from our house out here) and just drooled over all of the Christmas decor. I wanted to buy it all. There is just something about sparkly christmas bulbs that I just can't pass up.

    I'd love to see some of your Christmas decor when it gets put up!

    ReplyDelete