Saturday, July 16, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Ummm...does any body else LOVE zucchini bread as much as me? 
I have no idea why, but I crave it quite frequently. 


Today I made these 4 cute mini-loaves and they turned out just perfect. Below is the recipe I used but when googling how to spell zucchini, I also found this one from Paula Deen that has really high reviews. I like the below recipe because all of the ingredients are easy to keep on hand, but I will share that I've messed up making it twice! The first time I put all of the dough into one big loaf pan (even though the recipe says to cook in smaller pans) which resulted in some major hot lava dough oozing out of the middle, and the second time I stirred all of the dry ingredients together instead of sifted them. Hopefully you won't make my same mistakes and will enjoy either the below recipe or Paula's! 


Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
2 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup oil
3 tsp vanilla
3 cup flour*
3 tsp cinnamon*
1/4 tsp baking powder*
1 tsp baking soda*
1 tsp salt*
2 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup shredded carrot (optional)
1 cup chopped walnuts


Sift dry ingredients* together in a med. size bowl. In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients, then add in sifted ingredients a little at a time. Then add grated zucchini and carrots, and nuts.


Grease loaf pans. (I recommend spraying them because I buttered mine and still experienced some sticking to the bottom). Bake @ 350 for 1 hr. (I check with a toothpick around 45 min.)

No comments:

Post a Comment