Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mom-mee

Sound the horns, alert the press, raise the roof, and blast off some fireworks!!! 
Yesterday, July 4th, 2011 is a day to be marked in history as it was the first day that my first born called me.....Mommy! 


He's been able to say the word Mommy for some time now (along with Daddy and Baby) but had yet to look me in the eyes while saying it or specifically call out to me by it. Benjamin must have easily read my excitement because he said it to me ALL DAY yesterday. My favorite is when he says it from his crib after he wakes up from his nap because he already looks so cute with his sleepy face and messy hair, so have that + a cute little man calling out your name with his hands up in the air = motherhood bliss. We love how Benjamin says our names too....phonetically it's: Mom-meeeee, Dad-deeeee, and Babe-beeee. As Bart has said- hearing your child say those words is like music to your ears.


Other cute thing Benjamin has been doing is saying the word: WORK. He learned that one from when he would keep asking me where Daddy was and I would tell him at work. With all of the talk of fireWORKs around the 4th and then finally understanding when we watched them in the sky last weekend, he keeps pointing up in the air and excitedly saying: WORK! WORK! Last night we caught part of the Capitol 4th of July special on PBS and Benjamin loved dancing to the band, banging on his drum, and getting us all to clap and jump around with him. We know this may be early on to know for sure, but Bart and I think that this could be our son's favorite holiday. Makes sense to me with him being a summer baby big boy! Speaking of, we're sure looking forward to celebrating his 2nd b-day next month!

2 comments:

  1. How cute! Brayden said "dada" and "da" to Brandon, but when you ask him to say mommy, he still says "da!". We'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Blake has started calling me "Mom" instead of "Mommy" sometimes now. I don't know why, but it makes me feel like he is so big now.

    ReplyDelete