Thursday, March 24, 2011

Re-purposed Items

I like finding other uses for regular ol' containers and therefore thought I'd share some of the ways I've come up with to repurpose things. By the way- did you know repurpose is one word? I didn't until I looked it up!


Here's a pic of our coffee table (this isn't a container, but is also being 
RE-PURPOSED as a toy shelf!) holding bins, toys, and what's that on the bottom right?
 Yes, baby wipe containers reused to NOW hold...

 smaller toys! Or...


Here's a pic from the top shelf of our pantry. 
 We really like airtight food storage bins (we found ours at 
Bed Bath & Beyond), but since they're expensive, we've found that these.... 

ice cream containers from Gossners Dairy work great for 
things like oatmeal and nuts that we buy in bulk at Sams Club.

Here's a pic of some old Kleenex boxes that I just couldn't bring myself to throw 
away because I liked their pattern too much. As shown below, they make great 
holders for random desk necessities.


I'd love to hear any of your repurposing ideas/storage solutions, so please share!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are great ideas! Especially the baby wipes containers! I might have to use that one...perfect size for colored pencils!

    My mom always saved butter tubs/cool whip containers/sour cream containers. Great bath toys, paint dishes, and fun for kids to stack up!

    ReplyDelete