Friday, June 4, 2010

14 weeks of Summer n' Kettle Chips!

Starting this week there are 14 weeks left of what I consider summertime. Yes, I know that the official first day of summer isn't until June 21st, but I've always felt that summer begins right after the end of May. Coincidently, there are also 14 different flavors of Kettle Potato Chips....do you see where I am going with this?


Yes, beginning this week I am on a mission to rate ALL of the different flavors (that's one flavor per week) of Kettle Potato Chip and share my findings with all of you. Thoughtful of me, right? Consider this project a bit like Julie & Julia minus all of the hard work of actually preparing anything. Plus, I'm still breastfeeding so I figure nows the perfect time for me to continue to take advantage of this extra calorie freebie period!


After sharing this idea with my husband he started to look at my like I was crazy ask me a few questions, (like he usually does when I state I have a new idea for a project). His first one was, "Aren't those chips expensive?" My response was: "Yes, they are, but it also serves as a source of  entertainment." His second question was, "How will you rate them?" My response was that I'd have to think about that, but I now I think I've got it...


I plan to use the standard scale of 1-10.
1 being "I could live without" and 10 being "Oh, my gosh I'm still licking my fingers good!" The flavor this week is...

Fully Loaded Baked Potato™

Inspired by thousands of fan recipes in the Create-a-Chip Challenge, this creamy, smoky, cheesy chip doesn’t hold back on the flavor front. Dive into a collection of toppings straight from the baked potato bar – tangy sour cream, fresh green onion, rich cheddar cheese –and an all-natural smoky flavor that’s our and vegetarian answer to fans’ love of bacon– for a perfectly balanced bite straight out of the bag. Add this fan favorite to your football party spread and score a snacking touchdown! 



and I give it an.....8!!! This flavor is really, really good but the chips don't have the same thickness as the Ground Pepper flavor. This flavor definitely has more to it than any plain potato chip though, and I like the novelty of getting that sour cream, cheddar cheese, and green onion all in one bite!


Next week's flavor: Honey Dijon

2 comments:

  1. Loaded Baked Potato are always one of my favorite kinds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I don't know how I missed this post before. This is my kind of experiment!

    ReplyDelete