Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pregnancy Progression


I thought I'd share these two pregnancy progression websites that I recently came across. I like this first one because to me, it's the easiest online calculator to use to figure out where I am week-wise. I know the wait can be trying, but if there's one bit of advice I can give to expectant parents, it's NOT to get attached or even share their due guess date since only 5% of babies are actually born on this day, and 9/10 women give birth after their due date. That's why I like this second one because it's the first site I've found that provides actual images of baby's growth consecutively each week, along with these interesting due date facts and realistic due date chart... 

Your due date is an estimate, it is an average. 
In the chart below you can see the reality. 

Babies delivered, relative to due date


At the beginning of week 38, -2 weeks before the due date-, 
2 out of 10 women already gave birth. 

At the beginning of week 39, -1 week before the due date-, 
4 out of 10 women gave birth. 

At the beginning of week 40, -the due date-, 
7 out of 10 women gave birth. 

At the beginning of week 41, -1 week after the due date- 
9 out of 10 women gave birth. 

One thing we need to keep up better with is taking pictures of my growing belly. With our first, my husband was great about taking pics of me every month but with this one we just barely took our first during Thanksgiving! After this week my husband will be off of school for almost an entire month, so hopefully we'll be able to get caught up on a lot of things. Even though winter can seem sluggish and long, I do like how it slows things down a bit...or maybe that's just the pace I try to set since there's more excuses like, "It's already dark out" or... "It's too cold!"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these! They may come in handy for us in the future, too! (Don't worry- nothing to report.)

    ReplyDelete