Friday, December 3, 2010

New Conan feels more like old Conan

About a month ago, Conan's new evening talk show, Conan premiered on a new station, TBS. I've only been able to catch it a few times, but the times I have were very funny, and feel very much like the Conan I remember from his first show. For those of you who didn't know- earlier this year Conan took over Jay Leno's Tonight Show, only to be let go about 5 months later and replaced by the former show host, Jay Leno. It was an awkward move by NBC on both fronts and the media went crazy over it, but in my opinion Conan handled it very well. He of course made (and still does) some jokes about it, but didn't let that stop him. He knew he'd keep going and find something else. To me, that's when you know someone's truly passionate- when they don't let hearing no stop them from doing what they love. 


His new show is back to being odd and quirky with an attractive, modern set design (unlike that set they gave him on the Tonight Show- blah!), but most of all- not so cookie-cutter. Watching it makes me happy, not just because he and Andy make me laugh, but because I think it serves as a great example of how sometimes something better can come out of a bad situation, and how it's always best to stay true to who you are.


You can catch Conan every weekday night at 9:00 p.m. MST on TBS. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Conan's new show, and I agree- he is more like the old Conan. I love that he keeps jabbing NBC but in a tasteful way. He is funnier than ever!

    ReplyDelete