Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What?!

I don't know why but at SHOPKO they make you show them your ID whenever you make a purchase with a credit card. No biggie until I got this unexpected comment from the cashier while shopping with my son: 


"Everything looks the same except for your hair color." 


FYI: I haven't dyed or changed my hair cut/style for over 10 yrs. and my drivers license photo was recently taken about 3 yrs. ago...so puzzled, I asked her "What do you mean?" 


She smiled and said, "Oh, that's what happens every time you have a baby, your hair gets darker." 


Now I've heard of parents hair going gray or white from kids, breasts shrinking from breastfeeding, weight shifting, bags under the eyes, but never this. I did not like this comment one bit because I've always liked loved the natural blonde streaks in my hair and last time I checked, they were still there post-baby! I then responded rather defensively by saying: "Well, we just back from the pool so it's probably still drying, and since it's braided you just can't see the lighter pieces." 


She smiled in a rather condescendingly way and said, "Well, that's how it went for me with each of mine." Well great for you! Her silly comment stuck with me until my husband came home. When I asked him if he thought my hair had gotten darker recently he looked at me and said, "Nope, looks the same to me." Phew, glad that's settled!

No comments:

Post a Comment