Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thank goodness...

that the Tour de France is officially over today! For those of you who are unfamiliar, the Tour is a unthinkably hard month-long bike race that starts in the Netherlands and ends in France.


In some ways I like it when this time of the summer hits because it reminds me of when my husband and I first met in July of 2005. It reminds me of him/us because this race was one of the first hobbies that I learned he really liked when we were in that exciting "I really want to get to know you" stage. So, it's no surprise that his love for the tour still continues, but man is it time consuming! As you all know, I'm definitely a sports fan, but I pace it out over a season. This race pretty much has coverage every day- and when you watch the extended version of it, that equates to 5 and 1/2 hours of  just one stage!!! That's pretty much double the length of a Jazz game or an episode of the Bachelor/ette, hence my feeling of THANK GOODNESS today. 


Hope you all enjoyed a nice July 24th Utah holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment