Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nicest Compliment



My mom gave me the nicest compliment last week that's been staying with me all of this week. She said: 


"Your house has everything just where it should be."

I love this compliment because now that I'm a parent I'm okay with not having a home that looks "perfect" all of the time. But, I do want us to live in one that's functional, inspiring, and happy because I know that having a space that does all of those things really matters. I also know that one day we will have a home that allows us to have our living room back with an "official" playroom for the endless amount of toys, but even then I always want our home to be comfortably lived-in with everything just where it should be. That way it continues to serve as the place it's suppose to be ~ functional, inspiring, and happy.


p.s. speaking of a happy home, I'm proud to report our son is now back to his 9 p.m. bedtime!



1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say the same! I think I STILL have stuff out from the party! :) Hopefully this weekend I will get some time to get organized around here. Working for the short amount of time really gets to me sometimes and my house shows it!

    And YAY 9pm bedtime!

    ReplyDelete