Friday, July 9, 2010

Kettle Potato Chips- Week 6

It was Jeff Foxworthy who said..."You know you're from North Dakota when you think ketchup is just a bit too spicy." Being from ND myself, I fall under that description of being very sensitive to spicy foods. I knew that before going into this, as well as the fact that some of the Kettle chip flavors wouldn't be ones that I would normally pick, but hey- you gotta do what you gotta do, and I am one committed potato chip tester!

So, this week I tried Spicy Thai. 

It was spicy (very spicy to me), but surprisingly really captured the flavor of Thai food very well. That's hard to do in a chip, especially since potato chips are probably the last thing that come to mind when I think of Thai food. So, even though I would never buy them again, I am going to rate them a 6 since I like their creativity with this flavor, and I think Thai food fans would not be disappointed.



Spicy Thai™

ginger with ATTITUDE

Reach for your passport and prepare to take a chip trip. We’ve pulled together two Thai classics into an unforgettable flavor excursion you’ll want to write home about. The sweetness and snap of fresh ginger comes together with the red peppery heat of Thai spice to create a collision of East and West in the crunch of the world’s most worldly chip.

Next week's flavor...Sour Cream & Onion.


1 comment:

  1. I love next week's flavor..you will have to let us know how it is. We went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for the week. It was so much fun to relax, play at the beach/pool and spend time together. I hope Benjamin, Bart and you are doing well...

    ReplyDelete