Saturday, May 15, 2010

What to eat?

With my son approaching the 9 mon. mark I decided that it was time to figure out what to do with his diet outside of breast milk, rice cereal, oatmeal, and 2nd stage baby foods. This has been a bit overwhelming for me because my husband and I have both been hearing contradictory information about what to feed them and when. We're also very cautious about processed foods and unnecessary sugars and fats, not to mention choking and allergies- whew! 

I therefore decided to go out and buy a book. So far we've been really impressed with this one: Naturally Healthy First Foods for Baby by Jacqueline Rubin. It's presented in a very easy to understand format and I like how it is divided by baby's age. It also has some simple recipes and tips on how to puree foods ourselves. I really recommend this guide to any parent who is feeling confused or clueless as to what to feed their child. 


1 comment:

  1. My husband and I have been doing an all natural diet since November and have been loving it! We don't have kids yet but this is such a great option when we do! Way to go!

    P.S. You won the giveaway at mdunkerinteriors.blogspot.com!!!

    ReplyDelete