Friday, July 17, 2009

Alfred Hitchcock Rocks!

Even though I'm a happy Loganite, I still keep tabs on the bustling city life of Salt Lake via the City Weekly paper, which is where I noticed the current listing of films showing at the Gallivan Center on what they refer to as: "Monday Movie nights." I must say that whoever decided on the films for this summer has fantastic taste with their current selection of Alfred Hitchcock films.
I'm a week late in getting this message out, as last week was: Dial M for Murder....(REALLY good play too, but definitely worth renting if you're ever in the mood for a creepy murder mystery ~ my fav!). Others showing this summer include: Vertigo next Mon. July 20th (highly recommend as well) and The Birds (probably THE best scary movie of that time) the following Mon. July 27th.
Gallivan Center Movie Mondays: @ Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., 801- 535 -6110 SLCGov.com/PublicServices/Gallivan/GallivanMovies.html
I am also a devoted Agatha Christie fan. My Grandma Marie had a collection of her mystery novels that I was lucky enough to inherit, and so far have really enjoyed reading: And Then There Were None, The Body In the Library, and Funerals Are Fatal.

No comments:

Post a Comment