Friday, May 18, 2012

Social Media


I find the intertwining topics of technology and communication very interesting. When it comes to technology, I've always been a bit of a late adapter (click here for my very first blog post close to 3 years ago) and still have no interest in Facebook or Twitter. Recently I've been hearing from friends who have made the decision to delete their Facebook accounts all together, and after reading this and this article discussing all of the other numerous resisters out there, I think a new wave of valuing personal privacy and freedom is on the rise. 


Howard Cosell said "What's right isn't always popular. What's popular isn't always right." So while there can be pros and cons to both sides (click here for another article discussing more communication arenas), I find it deeply important for us all to make our social media choices carefully, regardless if perceived as "cool" or "un-cool."


1 comment:

  1. I would 100% agree with you. I have both FB and twitter but after having kids, I am very, very careful with the information that I put online. No more status updates about Brandon working late or being out of town- you just never know.

    ReplyDelete