Saturday, April 9, 2011

Que Cera Cera

Quick- if you had to pick your FAVORITE painting, which would it be? 

Mine has always been Le Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat and lucky me has seen it in person at The Art Institute in Chicago (some of you may also remember it from the film Ferris Bueller's Day Off). I also have a framed postcard of it from my sister framed upon my desk. I love the colors, the talented use of pointillism, and all of the friendly shapes and silhouettes. I like how no one is intentionally looking directly forward, feeling as though any of us could simply step into this everyday scene and be a part of their urbane crowd unnoticed. 


After all of the snow we've had here in Utah lately, I know I would sure enjoy a nice relaxing day on the grass by the water...those days will soon come...they have to! 
Until then, hope you all have a pleasant weekend~



No comments:

Post a Comment