Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cool Finds in April

Since this baby of ours is due any day, I thought now versus the end of the 
of the month would be the better time for me to list all of my cool finds. Enjoy!

I love the holiday of Easter but like Halloween, dislike the emphasis on all of the unhealthy and wasteful candy. Lately I've been on the look out for fun ideas to fill Benjamin's Easter basket (btw- Downeast Outfitters has super cute cloth Pottery Barn ones on clearance right now for $7.99) and knew I found it when I came across these adorable handmade Bountiful Bunnies from Ten Thousand Villages (also known as Global Village Gifts here in Logan). I love that the bunnies go along with the festive theme of Easter, but really can be played with all year long along with his other basket goodies such as bubbles and sidewalk chalk. I also love supporting a good cause! {p.s. for those of you ordering online type in: EASTER at check-out for free shipping}




Ummmm...who doesn't love pizza? Our family favorite around here is Papa Murphy's, but I also like to keep one in the freezer at all times for that random must-have-pizza craving. Being a vegetarian, my frozen pizza choices were a bit limiting until Freschetta introduced their new line of Simply Inspired pizzas. I've so far tried the Farmers Market Veggie and Classic Bruschetta and both were mouth-watering delicious! I'm hoping to also try/find their limited edition Tuscan Farmhouse flavor. {Click here for a $1 off coupon}




Getting ready for that post-partum baby wear! On days when I do feel like wearing something other than pj's, I decided to pick up a couple of cute lounge/active wear pieces since I know I'll have a couple of months until my regular wardrobe fits again and I'm kinda getting over maternity wear. While breastfeeding, I prefer zip/button down tops, which are also perfect for transitional weather changes (like what we have upcoming from spring to summer). I picked up the above pieces from Old Navy and even though I don't fit haven't worn the top yet, the sweats are perfect length, thickness, and super soft!



This month I saved the best for last. 
I saw this perfect porcelain Petit Four Tray featured in a magazine and knew I had to get it! I love hosting get-togethers and parties and having height like this on a table spread is so key in drawing interest, and doubling the amount of room for your display and serving space. Plus the classic white porcelain goes with everything and can even be used as a centerpiece filled with decorative pieces when not being used for entertaining purposes. I picked this one is from West Elm for a steal of deal at $29.99 (+ free shipping!) but sadly, I just checked and they're no longer available. Good news is that I did find one that's VERY similar here at Target! Did you really think I'd show you something that you couldn't get? William + Sonoma also has some great ones, just a bit more expensive. Oh, and while on the topic of serveware, I recommend investing in a set of Tiered Pedestal Serving Plates. They too are so great to have on hand and will get used more than you think!


Not sure if I'll be around to do another post before this Sunday...so if not,


y  ! 
(Oh, and for you Logan locals ~ Storks Landing is doing an 
Egg Hunt Sat. April 23rd 11-5 p.m. for kids age 8 and younger.)



2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try the pizza! Thanks for the coupon! I also can't wait to find out what you are having...wahoo, not too much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Finds, and great ideas.
    Gotta love cozy clothes. You have seen me iin mine.

    ReplyDelete