Monday, March 7, 2011

Way to go!

Hats off to Fisher & Paykel for their excellent customer service. 




As I wrote about in our 2008 Christmas letter, in the fall of 2008 we purchased our first major appliance, a Fisher & Paykel washer and dryer. We decided on this brand after the numerous dissatisfied reviews we heard about certain Whirlpool models, as well as a decline in quality from certain Maytags after a change in ownership. We therefore decided to go out on limb and try the Fisher & Paykel set that the Lowe's salesperson could not stop raving about. Never hearing of the brand name Fisher & Paykel we were skeptical at first, but after comparing them to the others in our price range, and desired style/design, we decided to give them a try, and have been incredibly happy with our purchase until....


just the other day when I noticed a small plastic piece had cracked off from the left hinge to the lid of our washer. I knew this wasn't anything we had caused since it was inside the unit, and the top of the machine wasn't damaged. So, I showed to my husband who also agreed with my assessment, and that it would be hard if not at all possible for us to fix ourselves. I then decided I would search our file cabinet for our warranty registration info. to see if something like this was still covered. The material I read over stated that pretty much everything was covered for the first 2 years but unfortunately, our 2 year mark was 5 months ago. Dangit I thought, but decided to call their customer service anyway....


I was delightfully greeted by a woman with a Australian/New Zealand accent (don't worry, their customer service # is toll free), who automatically offered to send us out a brand new lid free of charge. I was very happy with her excellent customer service and understanding, and yet again wanted to share our satisfaction with all of you, since it's not every day one comes across a company who really does things right.


So, if any of you are in the market for a new home appliance, you should consider the brand: Fisher & Paykel. We found ours at Lowe's, but there may be other local retailers who carry their products as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment