Friday, January 21, 2011

Craft Night

As mentioned in previous posts, I'm always looking for creative outlets. Thankfully, I have a great gaggle of girlfriends (say that 3x fast!) that share in my same interests. Below are some pics of the creations from our latest CRAFT NIGHT as well as some simple tips if you're interested in making yourself....

These hair clips are all hot-glued on silver alligator clips or wired on bobby pins.

At the gift show that I did last spring, many people asked if I did hair clips with my flowers. At the time I thought that was a little juvenile looking, but I've experimented since then and found that that they can look good on older women too if worn in an up-do. They're really easy to do too! 

This blue beaded hair pin was purchased from H&M but served as a great sample for us to figure out how to wire around little beads to attach to a bobby pin.

Close-up of how the smaller bead bobby pins turned out.

Pic of all the necessary craft items you'll need to create your hair/clothing pins. I found the flowers at Hobby Lobby, silver alligator hair clips at KMART, silver clothing pins and jewelry wire at Michaels, and regular bobby pins at the grocery store. For my beads, I re-used from jewelry that I wasn't wearing any more, but Michaels has a great selection (where I found that coral metal flower shown in first pic), as well as scrapbooking brackets which was my friend's Gentri great idea! I also picked up some felt there which I used to line my alligator clips with, or could be used to make cute clothing pins out of. You'll also need a pair of wire cutters, glue gun, and glue sticks. 

Have fun crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment