Thursday, July 22, 2010

Night Owl

Tonight I laid our little night owl's head (aka Benjamin) down to rest at 10:44 p.m.

Last night it was 11:40 p.m.

So, night by night it IS getting better (tonight I pushed out his last feeding by a couple hours), and hopefully one day I'll have my sanity few hours of nightly free-time back.

Why such the change in schedule you ask? Is it because of his parents- (Bart and I both have the bad habit of staying up WAY too late, which I blame on the time we were born. We were both born at night, as was Mr. Benjamin). But, he was going down around 9 every night up until a couple of weeks ago, so what happened?

Over the past couple of weeks our little man began taking his first steps (impressive at only 10 1/2 months, right?) and is in the process now of learning how to full-time walk. It just hit me today that's probably the reason why he's had a change to his sleep as I remember reading this in one of those weekly baby development e-mails from the babycenter that this can happen because they're so excited about learning a new skill.


Three cheers for Benjamin and his happy feet, but crossed fingers for an earlier bedtime because he's still getting up at the same time in the morning and it's draining us.....good night!

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! Brayden did that same thing a couple of weeks ago, but it was only one random night that it was 10:30pm before he was asleep. Lately? 8:30!

    ReplyDelete