Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gotta love Dolly



I recently caught Dolly Parton on Oprah and as usual, had a great time watching her. There's just something about her that always makes me smile. In terms of appearance, we couldn't be more opposite, but regardless of all that glitz and glamour, she gives off something much more memorable which is her surprisingly down-to-earth and true personality. It's not every day that you get to come in contact with someone who is as likeable, positive, and sincere as she is, and I admire how regardless of show business, she really makes it a point to remember where she came from. 

Here are my favorite Dolly quotes...

"I still close my eyes and go home - I can always draw from that." 


"I'm not going to limit myself just because people won't accept the fact that I can do something else." 


"I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde." 

"If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one." 

"Storms make trees take deeper roots." 

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." 

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." 

"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap! "

"You'll never do a whole lot unless you're brave enough to try." 

No comments:

Post a Comment