Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring oh spring

(the following text is to be sung to the tune of "My Little Dog")


Where oh where has my lovely spring gone. Oh where or where could it be? With mid-April weather in the high seventies, I wonder why spring left so quickly.  


You can stop singing now.
...or not!


Yes, I love the sun, especially after long winter months, but over the past few years I've decided (for the sake of my health) to be more conscious about sun exposure. This decision offers some relief since keeping up a tan on me takes a lot of work, not to mention dealing with a few annoying and painful burns here and there. Trouble is, I still long for that sun kissed glow. Especially on my legs. They're the bright whitest of them all. I was using a self tanner on them for awhile, but since reading about the chemicals in them possibly being toxic while pregnant, gave that up last year too. I do still however use a bronzing powder on the apples of my cheeks and forehead to give the appearance of a slight tan, but the rest of my body quickly gives that myth away. I don't want to go back to being a slave to the sun, and I certainly will NEVER EVER go back to tanning in a salon (Oh, the silly things I did in my youth!), but I sometimes do wish my skin that had a bit more of a natural tan color. Since that's not the case, I'm keeping to my belief that pale is in! I've also prepared my son for the sun (that was fun to write) with an 50 SPF cute bucket hat, t-shirt, and watersocks, all by a brand called Wee Waves (found at Smiths Marketplace) along with a bottle of 100 UVA-UVB sunblock. To quote another song...."Here Comes The Sun" dooh da dooh da da...

No comments:

Post a Comment