Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Go TWINS!!!!!

CONGRATS TO THE AMERICAN LEAGUE CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONS!!!!! OFF TO NY YOU GO WITH MANY MANY FANS (EVEN IN UTAH) TO SUPPORT YOU!!!!!!
Yes, I'm aware that many find it pretty random when I tell them that I'm Minnesota Twins fan, but in my family it's pretty much a given at birth. With a Dad from South Dakota, he grew up following them since they were the closest city with a major league baseball team. He has since passed down his love to my mother, siblings and I, along with the Minnesota Vikings (this one never took for me since I don't really consider football a sport ;)) and the Utah Jazz (this one makes sense since they're local).
I'm glad I have a passion for sports. I've always been athletic, and was a cheerleader throughout jr.high/high school so I know what a thrill it is to be in the heat of good game and feel the exhilaration of a winning point!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kate,

    I was just curious why you don't consider football a sport? I think it's the greatest team sport out there and so I was interested to hear your thoughts :)

    By the way, got yur announcement yesterday. They are so cute! Can't wait to meet your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question Lauren. Harmon and I actually battle this out every football season as he tries to persuade me to like it (or at least acknowledge it) but my reasons stay the same- to me it's just too barbaric to have men tackling each other as they simply run up and down a field while throwing and catching a ball. The rules also make no sense (even after I've had people explain them over and over to me and tried playing myself in Powder Puff in high school).

    I know many say it's just like soccer, which I don't mind, but I've just never been able to get into it. So- as I write this I realize that it's probably not fair to say that I don't consider it a sport, just that I don't appreciate it.

    We should all go to a Salt Lake Bees baseball game next summer.... I can already tell that Benjamin is liking baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally understand you not appreciating it because honestly I didn’t appreciate it until I was actually there watching the games. There is something about being in the stands and getting into it though that brings the game to life. I would love to attempt to explain the rules in girl-speak sometime, if you are interested. Harm knows a lot, almost too much about football and sometimes I don’t even understand what he is talking about. I just think if you know the general rules, it’s easier to enjoy.

    What I really appreciate about football is that there isn’t one player that is the main focus and that carries the team. Yes, the quarterbacks get a lot of recognition but they couldn’t do it without every other person on their team. I also enjoy college football over NFL, A. because every game counts and B. I love to see underdogs succeed. It was truly one of the coolest experiences of our lives to witness The Utes, the underdogs, win the Sugar Bowl.

    A Bees game would be lots of fun next year! I will warn you though, I don’t appreciate baseball. I just like to go for the hotdogs and ice-cream :)

    ReplyDelete