CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG
I love classics like this one, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, and Wizard Of Oz. No matter how many I watch them, I still find them mesmerizing! There's so many things I love about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....like the above song (could it be any sweeter? Plus, I think his food serving invention is quite genius), the name Truly Scrumptious- clever, right?, the adorable children Jeremy and Jemima, and the ever so entertaining and effortlessly funny Dick VanDyke. My mom once said that she's married to a Dick VanDyke. Even though my Dad doesn't typically break out in a song and dance, he would if he knew it would make us laugh. He really is the funniest man I know. And not in just a ha ha sort of way, but in a very clever and natural sort of way. Yeah, we're all pretty lucky to have a guy like my Dad. ;)
I remember back when I couldn't wait for Benjamin to start talking....I was eager to hear his voice, what he was thinking, and what we could teach him how to say. Now he's 3 and talks all the time about anything and everything- we love it! We often find ourselves repeating what he says and whenever possible, try to write down his funniest sayings. One neat thing my mom did when we were growing up was interview us on our birthdays and record it on a tape. We still have those tapes and they're hilarious! I think she did from about age 3-10 so I looked some up online and found these (see below). I've been filling out similar questions about each of our children since they were born in their baby books, but it's totally different when you hear what they think about each question. This past Father's Day Benjamin and I created something similar with one of these recordable Hallmark books. Regardless of the format, I think one-on-one interviews make for a fun tradition for both parent and child.
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite toy?
- What is your favorite tv show or movie?
- What is your favorite thing to wear?
- What is your favorite game to play?
- What is your favorite food to eat?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your favorite book?
- Where is your favorite place to go?
- What do you love most about your sibling[s] [or self]?
- What do you love most about yourself? (skip if already answered above)
- What do you like to do most with Daddy?
- What do you like to do most with Mommy?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What would you like to learn more about now that you're [insert age]?
p.s. click here for a fun DIY train made out of shoe boxes; too cute!