Thursday, October 6, 2011

Must Know

Just found out a great way to buy kids books that I thought you all must know about. I found it through this link through USU's website. It's neat because it not only gives you a discount on the price of the book, it also waives tax and shipping (you just email the contact listed on the USU site after your order is placed and she'll email you back when they arrive for you to pick them up on USU campus). 


I also feel I must know what your favorite (i mean, love to pieces, makes you smile as you read it, all time classic) childrens books are. I want to know them because it seems the really cute ones are hard to come by. So, if you could please leave your child's (or yours) favorite as a comment to this post, my sons and I would be most grateful. Here's a few of ours:


  1. If You Give A Mouse A Cookie
  2. Little Critter books (all)
  3. Caps for Sale
  4. Wynken, Blynken, and Nod
  5. Benjamin and Bumper to the Rescue

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I've been buying Scholastic Books since 1962 so this just makes it easier!

    In addition to your list I'm going to add:

    1) If Jesus Came to my House by Joan Gale Thomas - the one showing a copyright of 1951 not the new version.
    2) The Old Woman and the Pig (old English folk story)
    3) Little Engine that Could
    4) Curious George stories by H. A. Rey (my favorite is the one about astromony called The Stars: A New Way to See Them)
    5) Tale of Peter Rabbit
    6) Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
    7) Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parrish
    8) Flicka, Ricka Dicka series
    8) The Dutch Twins
    9) The Sugar Plum Tree by: Eugene Field (1850-1895)

    ReplyDelete