Monday, August 17, 2009

New fav....I n g r i d

I will be the first to admit that I'm a late-comer when it comes to music. I'm also bad at remembering the names of songs, and often come up with my own version of lyrics!
Recently my brother, Chris, introduced me to a free internet radio site~ www.pandora.com that magically picks out artists/songs that it thinks you will like based on other artists/songs that you tell it you like. It was here that I discovered INGRID MICHAELSON who unsurprisingly isn't a new artist, just new to me. She is very chill, but catchy. Reminds me quite a bit of Norah Jones....someone who you could listen to over and over and become so happy and relaxed. ;)
MY FAV SONGS BY INGRID:
  • All Love~ single
  • Be OK~ Be OK album
  • You and I~ Be OK album (my fav.! this song really makes me smile every time i hear it....so cute.)
  • Breakable~ Girls & Boys album
  • The Way I Am~ Girls & Boys album (i like it when she says: "I'll buy you Rogaine when you start losing all your hair.....)
  • Creep~ single
  • Let Go~ Slow the Rain album
  • Morning Lullabies~ Slow the Rain album
  • Turn to Stone~ Turn to Stone album

2 comments:

  1. I love Pandora. I also recently just discovered it and found some great artists that I would not have known about if it hadn't been for it, like Rosie Thomas.

    I also love Ingrid Michaelson and the song The Way I Am. Some of my other faves that are similar to her are Missy Higgins and Marie Digby. A Fine Frenzy's Almost Lover, Sarah Bareilles' Gravity and City Jason Mraz' If It Kills Me (from the Casanova Collection) and Mandy Moore's Gravity are some of my other faves. I love music and anything that can bring chills to me instantly becomes my new fave :-) Glad you are having fun finding new artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently discovered Pandora and I am enjoying it a lot, how nice it is free. I have been a fan of Ingrid Michaelson for awhile. Morgan loves her version of Over The Rainbow. Another similar artist is Beth Nielson Chapman. Her greatest hits CD is great. My favorite 3 songs are: When I Feel This Way, I Keep Coming Back To You, and Say Goodnight. When Logan was little and Craig and I would go out, he would say goodnight instead of goodbye, so this song reminds me of him as a little boy.

    ReplyDelete